Contributing to Open Source the Easy Way
It’s not what you know, it’s who you know. Ever heard that? Well, whether that is fully true or not, it definitely doesn’t hurt to become known in the community you want to work in. In this video I am going to show you a really easy way to help the community out in a way that will also gain you a bit of reputation. No I’m not talking about gaining StackOverflow or CodeProject reputation, even though those are both great options. In this video I am going to show you how to make changes to Microsoft’s documentation to make it even better. And trust me, it is very easy to do.
Resources mentioned in the video
- Patreon Signup for behind-the-scenes access: https://www.patreon.com/IAmTimCorey
- Sign up for my mailing list here: https://iamtimcorey.com/general-sign-up
- Contribution Guidelines: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/visualstudio-docs/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
- The Article I Updated: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/debugger/debugging-absolute-beginners
- Microsoft Documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/